b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Wendy's Whimsy: Boys Will Be Boys - 2 Cards Today!!!
You are about to be redirected to my new blog
SUGARPEA DESIGNS....Please wait a moment.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys - 2 Cards Today!!!


Real quick post with more Father's Day cards for you today. 

Both images and sentiments are from Taylored Expressions, Boys Will Be Boys.
I stamped this image on Kraft cardstock and then colored it with my Copic markers.  Copic Creations has a challenge going on right now to use your Copics on "other" paper and since I had never tried that before, I decided this image would work perfectly to give it a go. I'm pretty impressed with how it came out actually. It's different coloring on Kraft because your colors don't show up how you normally expect them to, but I liked it.  

Challenges:

Copic Creations = #30 "Other" paper
Paper Play Challenge = #24 Something Old (Designer Paper)
Raise The Ba= #23 What a Special Guy
My Time To Craft Challenge = #95 Xtra Special




Recipe:
DP: Recollections, Autumn & Basic Grey, Origins
Kraft Paper: Papertrey Ink
Brads: Unknown

Copics: E57, E35, E31, Y17, Y15, R29, R46, C7, C5, C3, C2, C1





And here's card # 2


Again, a quick and easy card.  Both of these cards were also made with my scraps!!!  (I swear, I get such a big kick out of using my scraps!!!)  The tie's were paper pieced and shaded with my C1 Copic marker.





Thanks for stopping by!!

6 comments:

Cherie said...

hello Wendy,
What a great idea to colour onto other cardstock... the result is awesome. Both cards are wonderful, thanks for the link to copic creations, new to me such a wealth of inspiration.
have a fun weekend
Hugs Cherie

Kate said...

Great cards Wendy! Your colouring on the tool belt is amazing! I love the remote in there too. And the sentiment on the tie card is perfect!

Lilian said...

Your cards are beautiful! Thanks for joining the Copic Creations challenge!

Kerri said...

These are both perfect Father's Day cards, but I LOVE the tool belt! That would have been perfect for my hubby! Your coloring looks amazing, girl!!!

mycardz said...

Wow, I love BOTH cards! The first one is adorable - what a perfect card for Father's Day! I'm glad you enjoyed coloring on the kraft paper - your coloring is beautiful! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations ~ good luck to you.

Heather said...

Fabulous cards Wendy, not suprised you were pleased with how your colouring turned out on kraft cs - it brilliant - I love it.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx