b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Wendy's Whimsy: Hi
You are about to be redirected to my new blog
SUGARPEA DESIGNS....Please wait a moment.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Hi



This card totally took me out of my comfort zone. I've never made a circle card, and honestly I'm not sure I like it. I wanted to give it a try because they look so pretty and dainty. But the circle cards I seem to be drawn to are those with sentiments on them only and not with images.

I also used paper in my "Ewww, what were you thinking?" stash. (We all have one of those right?) I seem to have more of that than I care to admit. So I promised myself that the next card I made to use something from that stash. So the fact that I don't like the paper is throwing me off too. Oh well, they can't all be winners. LOL

This is CC Designs, Cherry Emma and she is just darling! Both Emma and the stump are digi images and I knew right away that I wanted to cut her out and use pop-dots to give it depth. I added Stickles to the cherries and Shimmerz to the tops of the mushrooms.

This card is for the following challenges:

All That Scraps Week 24 Challenge = Shaped card and image sold at ATS
The Pink Elephant Challenge # 61 = Nature
Simon Says Stamps Challenge = Card for a Child
Stampin for the Weekend = Ribbons & Bows
Raise the Bar Challenge = Let's Spring for It



Copics Used:
Hair: E57,E35, E34, Y26, E31
Skin: E00, E50, (R00 Blush)
Shirt: R22, R11, R00
Pants: R24, R22, R20
Mushrooms: R59, R29, R20 - Y26, Y21, Y13
Stump: E59, E25, E35, E31 (Too close to her hair color - Won't do that again)
Grass: G99, G24, G40


I apologize for being MIA all week, I've been under the weather ever since Sunday. Hope to have something new to show you tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Kerri said...

I just posted my ATS shaped card too LOL! This is sooo CUTE! I think the circle looks great, and I love your coloring! I have this image too, thanks to my wonderful friend and neighbor, but haven't had a chance to use it yet:) Have a great weekend, and I hope you feel better soon!

Annie said...

A totally gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with our Nature theme at The Pink Elephant. Just love your entry.
Ann xxx

Jodi said...

This is so cute and sweet!! Love the details you added on her clothes too! Thanks for joining us at ATS Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Silvia said...

Hello Wendy! I adore your card. Love the colors and the layout.

BRandie Bleyer said...

As usual you are your toughest critic. This card is beautiful and I love everything about it.

Anonymous said...

She's adorable Wendy! Beautiful coloring and love your take on the shape challenge! Thanks for joining us on the ATS Weekly Wed. blog this week!
Pam Going Postal

Martine said...

This is beautiful sweetie, thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Challenge :)

xx
Martine

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Gosh, I think this card is great! Way to go in stepping outside your comfort zone. :)

Amy said...

Fun card, your colorign is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!

Jennifer Moore said...

I think it turned out super cute.

WickedPixie said...

She looks adorable with how you colored her and popped her up on the stump! So cute! Thanks for playing in the ATS challenge with us! :-)Traci

Darlene said...

Adorable and great coloring!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar!

Country Mouse said...

Love your shaped card! I have those images and just love them Adorable card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!!!

Nancy said...

What a sweet card, Wendy:O) Love the shape and pretty design. The bow is brilliant, and that image is just adorable, great colouring.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)