b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> Wendy's Whimsy: Oh Baby!
You are about to be redirected to my new blog
SUGARPEA DESIGNS....Please wait a moment.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oh Baby!

I've been swamped with doing baby shower invitations so I thought I would show you what I've been working on.

The mom wanted pink and brown colors with butterflies and flowers...so this is what I came up with! I don't have any butterfly or flower stamps. I guess I like the cutesy stamp images rather than the realistic ones. So I turned once again to my Cuttlebug for help.



The ribbon is actually a lace ribbon laid over a satin ivory ribbon. I used my Storybook Cricut Cartridge for the tag. (I told you I use that cartridge a lot. LOL) And since I had to mass produce 35 of these invitations, I decided to engineer a "template" on my computer for the Cricut to cut out the pre-printed sentiments for me. So here's what I did...

First, I had the Cricut cut the tag to fill an entire 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. I just used regular copier paper to do this since this was going to just serve as a template, no need to waste precious cardstock. (Just set the Cricut to the lightest pressure.) The Cricut had cut the tag 4 across the page and 7 down. Now I knew how I needed to set up my Word document.

Next, I opened a blank Word document with the margins ALL set to zero. I chose my font, and typed the sentiment. I started spacing the sentiments evenly in rows just like the Cricut template. (It took only about 4 test prints of the Word document before I had the spacing perfect, so it was really easy to do.) I knew it was perfect when I laid the cut out tag template over the printed sentiment sheet and it all lined up. When I had it all just right, I printed the sentiments out onto cardstock, placed that cardstock sheet into the Cricut and Ta-Da!!! Perfectly printed sentiment tags cut for me!!! Isn't that so cool? It really saved a lot of time.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sammye Jo said...

Adorable! You really need to submit this to the "Tip" girls at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog! You can see their link on my bloggy side bar (right side!) I am sure lots of people would love to see how you did this!!!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Thanks Sammy Jo, and thanks for the suggestion to submit my tip. I just sent an email. :) That's a great blog by the way, I'm off to go check it out again.

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Wow! Awesome tip.... I'm so glad you shared with Fantabulous Cricut! I'll give this a try when I need to make several of the same card. Thanks.
Robin :)

Nana Donna said...

What a very beautiful card. And thanks so much for sharing that great tip with us. I had to read it about 5 times before my brain kicked in LOL

Nana Campana said...

AWESOME! I am glad I stopped here... I am making 175 invitations and this is going to come very handy! Thanks for this awesome tip!!